
I love summer. I really do. I love everything about it. I love being with family and friends, not worrying about school (except when I'm in summer school like I am now), cookouts, swimming, summer concerts(the best concerts come around in the summer), vacations, and everything else that comes with summer. Even those darn tourists that crowd the restaurants and shopping malls. Although there is one thing that I hate about summer. That one thing is sunburn. Now I know some of you are sitting there thinking, "Well, why the heck didn't you put sunscreen on?" Well, I am asking myself the same exact question. I am fair-skinned so I am prone to sunburn. However, I have been laying out in the sun without wearing sunscreen for the past 2 summers and I didn't get burned once. I swear to God. BUT it has finally happened. I layed out for an hour and 30 minutes yesterday and I FRIED. My whole body is red except for a white stripe on my chest and where my bottoms were. I look like a candy cane. But that is not the worst part. Oh, get ready for this. My face is bright red except for the two white circles surrounding both of my eyes, which makes it quite obvious that I wore my sunglasses while tanning yesterday. So, I guess you could say I look like a cross between a candy cane and a raccoon. Oh well, now I have learned my lesson, and I will apply sunscreen from now on.
In the picture, imagine me looking just like this. Except RED.

No comments:
Post a Comment