Monday, March 22, 2010

Turning over a new leaf

Today was a pretty productive day. I went to class and I printed out copies of my resume to take to some boutiques around town today. I ended up distributing my resume to 6 different boutiques. I hope I get a "bite" because I would really love to have a job/internship this summer. I don't really care if it's paid or unpaid at this point, but I would just like to gain some experience, if anything. I'm really going to try and push through these next 2 weeks. I'm trying to eat healthier, study harder, manage my time more wisely, and be more active. Also, I'm starting to go to bed at a decent hour. I'm finding that I feel a lot better and I can get more done during the day. Another important thing I'm doing is drinking more water throughout the day. It is really amazing what H20 can do for you if you get enough of it. I didn't make it to the gym today but I'm going to go tomorrow. I was busy with other things today but I won't bore you with the details of my exciting life. I'm finding that this blog is quite therapeutic in some ways. Not that I need therapy or anything, but it's just nice to write some things down and reflect on the day. I finished with my homework pretty early tonight. I just had to read a few pages for Microeconomics and African American Writers.

On another note, I'd like to say that I just recently arrived back at school yesterday from a great and much-needed Spring Break. Can I just say that my parents are super awesome? Seriously, they have no idea how much I love them, but I do. We had a great break together and my mom took off work to hang out with me and my dad didn't play as much tennis as he usually does. I think they have really missed me this semester since I'm not there like I was last semester. Also, Charlotte came home from South Africa and we got to hang out for 2 days. We went to see a movie ("Remember Me", if you haven't seen it, go check it out NOW...not even kidding!) and we got pedicures. I don't know how she did it because she was jet-lagged, but she did. When I got back from Paris, it was all I could do to not fall asleep at random for about 2 weeks after I got back. Jet-lag and I don't get along. Anyway, she had a great time on her trip and I think that she learned a lot. I am so thrilled that my little sister gets to see the world. She is getting the opportunity to broaden her horizons and to open her mind to everything that's around her - good and bad. That is a beautiful thing.

Anyway, I'm done rambling for tonight. Wow, this post was long. If you got through to the very end, you are a true friend indeed. :)

No comments: