
Well, on Friday, I am going to embark on a new journey in my life. I've been hired to be a camp counselor for Junior Camp (a week-long session) at one of the best places on Earth, Camp Greystone. I attended this camp for 3 years when I was in middle school. It was one of the best experiences of my life and I am excited to come back and experience it from a different point-of-view. I must admit that I am quite nervous since this will be the first time I have ever worked with children. I have been doing a lot of praying recently that I will make a positive impact on each of these girls during our time together at camp. I'm also praying that God will open my heart and purify my mind and that this experience will ultimately draw me closer to Him again. I am human and I fall short sometimes, but I am ready to fully give myself to Him once again. I've been struggling with this decision for quite a long time and I believe that sometimes you have to experience things that make you realize other things. Truth is, whenever I smell a summer thunderstorm approaching, whenever I laugh with my sister, or whenever I see flowers in full bloom, I cannot help but know that I am looking straight into the face of God. I know that I have been putting Him aside for so long, but I can't do that anymore. He has been testing me for a couple of years and I have learned so much about myself and others. I have been able to master the art of putting myself into others' shoes and learning to put my needs second. I have learned that my true friends will support me in anything I decide to do, while other friends will disappoint me. I am working hard to return to where I stood with God a few years ago and I know that I will reach that point again someday soon. I pray that these kids and this experience will contribute to this journey in my life that is most important. I am a sinner, but I know that God's grace has saved me and no one can take that away from me. There is no greater gift that I will ever receive. I am no longer living for myself or for others. I am taking that brave step and will strive to live my life for Him. Please pray for me as I start this incredible journey on Friday. I love you all and I thank God for you every day.

No comments:
Post a Comment