
Today, I saw a movie. It is called "Never Let Me Go". Please do yourselves a favor and go see this. This is the first movie I have seen in a while that I have actually felt myself emotionally connect to the characters.
The acting was phenomenal. Can I just say that if someone asked me right now who my favorite NEW actor/actress was, my answers would be Andrew Garfield and Carey Mulligan. My goal is to see every film each of them has been in. Andrew recently blew me away in "The Social Network" and Carey did the same for me with her Oscar-nominated performance in last year's "An Education". I predict that each of these actors will be very successful in the future.
Another thing about this film: the score. The score is so beautiful and I could listen to it all day. Music is something that is crucial to a film. It sets the mood and helps everything flow together. I am a sucker for movie scores and this one has definitely won my heart.
The setting/location of this film was absolutely breathtaking. It was filmed in England and Scotland. These are two places I am so desperately wanting to visit. Ever since I was little, I've been obsessed with British music, literature, and films. I'm not quite sure why, but I'm just naturally drawn to them. I really hope I can visit the school that was used as Hailsham, the school in the film. I wish I could have gone to a boarding school that looked like that.
I don't want to go into too much detail about the film because it can easily be spoiled. It is an emotional rollercoaster that will literally throw you for a loop. Just go see it. You won't regret it. :)

2 comments:
This looks amazing. Sadly it hasn't made it to England yet... :(
Laura x
http://firstclassramblings.blogspot.com
Love this, great piece. From Engagement Rings
Post a Comment